VW Splitscreen Camper Van
Firstly I really must say the photos do not do it justice. Red is one of the most difficult colours to photograph & all I can say, is take the time to come & have a look.
- Full nut & bolt body of restoration on rotisserie finished 2011
- Only covered approximately 1,200 miles since restoration
- Dry Stored ever since
- Full photographic record of restoration in separate photo album
- Volkswagen Heritage Letter confirming 02/02/63 as date of manufacture
- MOT’d October 2017 plus all old MOT’s since restoration in 2011
- Uprated 1955cc Engine including all ancillaries at a cost of around £10,000. Then fully rebuilt at just under £3,000 cost in 2015 including electronic ignition & covering around 100 miles since
- Pioneer 7” DVD MP3 Bluetooth Head unit (£640 alone) connected to TV in rear & multiple surround sound speakers & amps etc
- Uprated brakes with disc conversion (Porsche stud pattern)
- Lowered suspension (Could revert back)
- JBW Foosh hand polished wheels
- Hi ratio GT gearbox
- Airbrushed art work (yes not a graphic) by Aero Graffiti
To achieve the above the Bus had many thousands spent. I haven’t added up exactly what is in the file but it must be in the region of almost £100,000!
There is too much to list, so the above are the main points, for example, safari windows, mesh headlamp covers, roof racks etc, etc, etc.
The interior is of a first-class quality, smells new & looks new. It is leather not PVC, with ribbed headlining with recessed spotlights. Leather roll down window blinds add to the occasion. There is a small fridge hidden away. The steering wheel & gearshift add subtle upgrades along with rev-counter etc.
Now my favourite is the artwork. “Hatti” is absolutely stunning. I can’t find an invoice for her in the folder (may have missed) but she may have been an expensive mistress. It really does make this bus stand out from the crowd.
Happy for anyone to come & view, to see her in the flesh & have a good browse through the history file. A real one of quality Bus, that looks as good in the flesh if not better than the photos. (How many are horrible when you get there because someone has taken phots from 20ft away? You will not be disappointed.